Select Page

There are many great tourist destinations in Mexico. The resort areas such as Cancun, Cozumel and Mazatlán draw many travelers. Cabo San Lucas offers a great time for anyone that goes there. Grand Solmar Timeshare knows that it can often be difficult to decide what to see in Mexico, but once you do, it is easy to find something that you will enjoy. Many people wonder documents they need to have in order to travel to Mexico. It depends on a few different things. Grand Solmar Timeshare wants travelers to know that what documents are needed will depend on how you are traveling to Mexico and where you are traveling from.

  • From a country other than the United States – You will need a passport and a visa. Your visa is usually created when you enter the country and go through Mexican customs
  • From the United States – This depend on how you travel to Mexico
    •  If you travel by air – When you travel to Mexico by plane, you will need to have a full United States passport. The stamp that you receive at the airport will serve as your visa.
    • If you travel by car – When you enter Mexico in a car, you can use a United States passcard. This is a cheaper version of the passport. You still have to get the passcard the same way that you get the passport. The passcard does not have to be stamped like the passport does.
    • If you take a cruise – For most cruises a passcard can be used to enter Mexico. A passport is also valid for travel into Mexico on a cruise.